- Quinton de Kock’s stellar 174 against Bangladesh solidifies his dominance in the ICC World Cup 2023.
- Breaking a 26-year-old record, De Kock becomes the top-scoring wicketkeeper in World Cup history.
- Joining an elite few, De Kock is the 7th batter to hit three centuries in a single World Cup edition.
South African star Quinton de Kock stole the spotlight in the ICC World Cup 2023 with a remarkable century, securing his third in the tournament against Bangladesh at Mumbai’s Wankhede Stadium. De Kock’s innings of 174 off 140 balls showcased his dominance and took him to his 20th ODI hundred.
This century marks De Kock as the 7th batter to achieve at least three hundred in a single World Cup edition.
Quinton de Kock’s journey in the ICC World Cup 2023 began with a brilliant century against Sri Lanka. Subsequently, he notched up 109 runs against Australia, contributing significantly to South Africa’s victory in Lucknow. However, a brief dip in his form saw him dismissed for 20 against the Netherlands and for a mere 4 runs in the encounter with England.
In a stunning display, De Kock’s aggressive style was evident with six fours and four sixes, ultimately propelling South Africa to an imposing total of 382/5.The Wankhede Stadium witnessed history as De Kock shattered a 26-year-old record, surpassing Sri Lanka’s Sanath Jayasuriya’s unbeaten 151. With this inning, De Kock now holds the record for the highest individual score by a wicketkeeper in the 48-year history of the World Cup.
What makes de Kock’s recent century even more remarkable is his announcement of retirement from one-day internationals after the World Cup. As one of South Africa’s most accomplished cricketers, his contributions to the team have been pivotal, and this century adds another jewel to his illustrious ODI career.
In a historic turn of events, Quinton de Kock shattered a 26-year-old record at the iconic Wankhede Stadium. His colossal 174 runs against Bangladesh surpassed Sri Lanka’s Sanath Jayasuriya’s unbeaten 151, marking the highest-ever ODI score at Wankhede Cricket Stadium in Mumbai. Notably, de Kock now holds the record for the highest individual score by a wicketkeeper in the 48-year history of the World Cup.
As Quinton de Kock bids farewell to the ODI format, his recent performances, especially the monumental century at Wankhede, solidify his legacy as one of the game’s greats. The cricketing world eagerly awaits the remainder of his journey in the World Cup, anticipating more fireworks from this cricketing maestro.
Twitter is ablaze with appreciation and awe for Quinton de Kock’s outstanding performance. Fans from around the globe are expressing their admiration for the cricketer’s skills and records.
Here are some snippets of the overwhelming fan reactions:
- BT vs NYS Live Score, Abu Dhabi League 2023 Live Score, BT vs NYS Scorecard Today, Playing XI’s
- MIS vs KBR Live Score, Trinbago T10 Blast 2023 Live Score, MIS vs KBR Scorecard Today, Playing XI’s
- TAD vs CB Live Score, Abu Dhabi League 2023 Live Score, TAD vs CB Scorecard Today, Playing XI’s
- BHK vs SSS Live Score, Legends League Cricket 2023 Live Score, BHK vs SSS Scorecard Today, Playing XI’s
- PS-W vs BH-W Live Score, Australian Women’s T20 Bash 2023 Live Score, PS-W vs BH-W Scorecard Today, Playing XI’s