- Six players, including Afridi and Rizwan, faced fever concerns ahead of the Australia match.
- After a day’s rest and medical evaluation, five players returned to training, except for Mohammad Haris.
- The team, now mostly recovered, actively trained at M Chinnaswamy Stadium before their crucial World Cup clash with Australia on October 20th.
In a display of resilience, the Pakistan cricket team bounced back from a bout of fever that had affected several players ahead of their clash against Australia in the ongoing World Cup. On Tuesday, six squad members, including Abdullah Shafique, Shaheen Afridi, Mohammad Rizwan, Salman Ali Agha, Mohammad Haris, and Zaman Khan, opted for a day of rest due to illness.
Under the supervision of Dr. Saleem, the medical officer of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), a thorough examination was conducted. Encouragingly, five of the players were declared fit to resume training on Wednesday, showcasing the effectiveness of the medical staff’s intervention. Notably, Mohammad Haris, who is a traveling reserve and not part of the 15-member World Cup squad, continued his recovery from fever.
During the training session held at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore, the players, with the exception of Haris, actively participated in various activities to demonstrate their fitness levels. Activities such as sprinting were utilized to assess their physical readiness. Particularly noteworthy were the performances of Shaheen Afridi and Zaman, who showcased their preparedness by bowling with complete run-ups.
Looking ahead, the Men in Green are set to face Australia on October 20th at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru. The successful recovery of the majority of the players from the recent bout of fever bodes well for Pakistan as they gear up for this crucial encounter in the World Cup, underscoring the team’s resilience and determination in the face of adversity.
- PSL 2024 Player Retention List
- KKR Reveal Their Plan to Win IPL 2024 Trophy
- Shan Masood Joins Karachi Kings in Exciting PSL 9 Trade
- IPL 2024 Auction: Gujurat Titans Expose Unfair Approaches to Shami
- I will play the IPL until I can’t walk anymore -Glenn Maxwell