in ,

Pak vs Aus: Good news for Pakistan

Pak vs Aus: Good news for Pakistan

Faheem Ashraf, the Pakistani bowling all-rounder, and the pacers Hasan Ali and Haris Rauf have re-joined the Pakistan squad for the Australia series ahead of the Karachi Test. The trio was allowed to get back to the squad upon completion of their mandatory isolation periods and testing COVID negative.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) shared the happy news on Saturday, however, the rest of the squad has been doing exceptionally so far in the first Test match being underway at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium.

It must be noted Haris was out of the team following his contraction of widely spread COVID. The lad was excited to make his Test debut in the historic Rawalpindi Test but he had to wait again. As of now, he is all set to feature in the second Test match set to be played at Karachi’s National Stadium.

As far as Hasan and Faheem are concerned, the Roti Group members missed out on the first test due to their injuries. Upon healing and being fully fit, they will represent the nation in the second game of the Benaud-Qadir trophy. It was assumed that missing the mentioned three players will let Pakistan suffer badly.

Hasan, on the one hand, suffered a groin injury whereas, Ashraf sustained an injury during his side’s fixture versus Peshawar Zalmi in the recently coiled-up Pakistan Super League (PSL 2022) that witnessed Rauf’s side, Lahore Qalandars, lifting their first trophy.

Excerpt from Rawalpindi Test so far

It is pertinent to mention Pakistan, so far, are in a comfortable situation. But, since the pitch is slow, and Australia are getting a day rest following Babar Azam’s declaration on 476 almost at the Day’s end, the visitors may have a chance to bounce fully back the next day. However, with the chances of rain on Day 3, there are certainties the game can be drawn. Although Australia did not pick up wickets, but they bowled really well to make the home batters struggle for every run.

The prediction says Pakistan are likely to win the match 42%. Whereas, the chances for a draw are 53% with only 5% chances left for Australia to save the game.

Pak vs Aus remaining schedule

12-16 Mar – 2nd Test, Karachi

21-25 Mar – 3rd Test, Lahore

29 Mar – 1st ODI, Rawalpindi

31 Mar – 2nd ODI, Rawalpindi

2 April – 3rd ODI, Rawalpindi

5 Apr – one-off T20I, Rawalpindi

6 Apr – Departure

It must be noted that the historic Pak vs Aus started with great delights and happiness but cricket was lost once again after Shane Warne’s death news spread like a rapid-fire. The Australian and Pakistani cricketers wore black armbands to pay tribute to his services to the cricket world on the next day. Warne’s death has put everyone in a great shock since indeed, he is a loss that cannot be revived again. Also, the commentators bid farewell to Day 2 with his memories remembering him in good words.

Also, see:

Top PSL players who might shine in IPL 2022

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sunil Gavaskar in hot waters for his insulting comments on Shane Watson

Sunil Gavaskar in hot waters for his insulting comments on Shane Watson

Bismah Maroof vs Mithali: Women World Cup 2022