- Discussed the key players for world cup and top scorers in Odi format this year.
- Shubman Gill is top scorer in ODI this year and fighting to achieve No 1 position in ICC ODI ranking.
- Babar, Gill, Mitchell and Nissanka are ready to rock in world cup.
This year 2023 in cricket completely belongs to ODI format. Asia cup was in ODI format and now its time for world cup. ODI world cup is going to be held this year in India. many players are performing brilliantly in 2023 in ODI format.
Some key players such as Babar Azam from Pakistan, Shubman Gill from India, David warner from Australia, Jos Butler from England, Daryl Mitchell from New Zealand and Temab Bavuma are looking forward to rock in this world cup. Now, we will see highest run getter in Odi format this year:
Top scorers of ODI format 2023:
- Shubman Gill from India is on the top of list with 1230 runs in 20 matches.Gill scored a total of 5 half enturies and 5 centuries at an average of 72.35.
- Asif Khan from UAE scored 934 runs in 24 matches.Asif scored 3 half centuries and 4 centuries at an average of 44.47.
- Patham Nissanka from Sri Lanka scored 819 runs in 20 matches. Nissanka scored 5 half centuries and 2 half centuries at an average of 45.50.
- V.Aravind from UAE scored 792 runs in 26 matches. Aravind scored 4 half centuries at an average of 31.68.
- Muhammad Waseem from UAE scored 782 runs in 24 matches.Waseem scored 4 half centuries and 1 century at an average of 32.58.
- Babar Azam from Pakistan scored 745 runs in 16 matches.Babar scored 6 half centuries and 2 centuries at an average of 49.66.
- Sean Williams from Zimbabwe scored 720 runs in 9 matches. Williams scored 3 half centuries and 3 centuries at an average of 90.00.
- HT Tector Ireland scored 657 runs in 16 matches. Tector scored 4 half centuries and 2 centuries at an average of 54.75.
- Daryll Mitchell from New Zealand scored 652 runs in 16 matches. Mitvhell scored 1 half century and 3 centuries at an average of 43.46.
- Fakhar Zaman from Pakistan scored 644 runs in 16 matches. Fakhar scored 1 half century and 3 centuries at an average of 46.00.
Shubman Gill has been going phenomenal this year and he will be one of the key player in world cup. Babar Azam and Gill are also fighting for No 1 ODI ranking. Babar is going brilliant throughout his career.
Gill also has some edge over other batters because Gill has scored most of his runs in India and this world cup is also scheduled to be held in India.Daryll Mitchell has been brilliant this year. Pathum Nissaanka from Sri Lanka is also 3rd highest run getter in 2023.
Their will be a tough competetion between Gill,Babar and Nissanka. Temba Bavuma from South Africa is also in top 15 and he performed brilliantly in recent series against Australia. Kohli is also performing well. so this world cup is going to be very excited.